Last Year my Mom's family decided it was too long of a span from Easter to Thanksgiving without having a get together. So they decided to get together in the summer. It has been nice since we all have little ones and they change so much. Yesterday afternoon we went to Martha & Jeff Kirts home for the BBQ. I so hoped for a nice afternoon/evening......I wanted to take Brayden swimming and we attempted between the rain...hail....more hail....and more hail!!!! I think they received about 1 1/2 inches within a hour or so!!!!! I hear near the drive-in they got over 2 inches of rain. Brayden appeared to want to go swimming, but after I got in the water.....he was not so sure about it. (I tried not to show on my face that it was a little cold) So he got out and played.
Then the rain came and poor Jeff was outside grilling with an umbrella.....the Brats and Porkburgers were good! Brayden and the rest of the kids enjoyed running through the water puddle in front of the garage. I have to say that the water was a lot colder than the pool and Brayden did not seem to mind it. At the end of the evening I could not believe that I did not take a picture of the kids playing in the water. I guess I just enjoyed watching them and did not think to take a picture. On the way home Brayden gave us a replay of the evening. He said he played in the water, rode the 4-wheeler, played basketball, soccer, played with the cats and got to see Maddy. I think he had fun!
Last year when Clint & I hosted the BBQ it was a drought, this year it can not seem to stop raining and who knows what next year will bring!!!! We enjoyed spending the day with everyone and can not wait to see you all again soon. I will try to post the few pictures I did take soon.
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
1 month ago



No comments:
Post a Comment